Victoria’s Secret is Lying to You! |and they’re doing it on purpose|

Hey guys, gals, and everyone else.

I’m going to guess if you have boobs and are between the ages of 10-80 that you have a bra by Victoria’s Secret. If not, you’ve most likely seen a store or commercial for this infamous lingerie and clothes outlet. I have to tell you two things, and I swear they connect this time. 1. You’re wearing the wrong size bra. 2. Victoria’s Secret (and many other stores) are sizing you incorrectly on purpose. Wait! you say…How can this be? I shall tell you my child, come and take a seat.

70Z8DGP094

This may jump around but just staywithmeonthis okay? Think of how many different body types are in the world. Now think of how many types of boobs there are in the world. And you’re telling me that a single store can stock a bra for every single size? Well obviously not. We all know someone who sighs when they pass VS because nothing fits. Now what percentage of women or boob owners do you think VS sizing actually caters to? I’m going to estimate 10%. Yeah really. But so many people shop there! You’re going to say. Yeah, because they size you to fit into their stock. AKA they size you incorrectly on purpose. I mean….look at this.

Why, for the band would you measure above the fullest part of the bust? Hmmm. Last time I checked the band was below the bust. “To use the add 4 rule of course Mar!” That rule is as old as your grandmother…literally. When lingerie first appeared there was little to no stretch in the material. Meaning to be able to inhale, you need more room. Now fabrics have come a long way. They can bend, breathe and stretch with you.

Think of all the people who buy a strapless bra and say it never stays up. Well that’s probably because it’s 4 inches too big. You wouldn’t buy pants 4 sizes too big and expect them to stay in place would you? No, of course not. And to think that your band is where all the support is supposed to come from!

SO here’s an experiment…if VS says you wear a 38 C…I’m going to guess you wear a 34 DD at least…depending on your boob shape and composition.

You’re probably gasping ad thinking, there’s no way I could have that big of boobs! I hate to break it to you…but DD (or E) is not that big. Really you should be thinking of it in inches instead. This means your measurements would be roughly 34 inch band and a 39 inch bust. Making a 5 inch difference from band to bust. That’s not a lot…especially when it’s distributed via 2 boobs and over any upper back tissue. So basically…two 2. 5 inch boobs. which is not very big.

There’s a lot to go into this so watch this video on how you should be REALLY measuring yourself!

A great point…you can not have a cup size without a band size! A 28 DD is not equal to a 40 DD!

Now I’m not bashing Victoria’s Secret’s products. I do like them! There are many other brands that are good, and many that are better though. I bet after measuring yourself you’re going to be a bit annoyed. Why? Because you either won’t properly fit into VS stock anymore, or you’re a “strange” combination of measurements. (Love yourself honey I’m a strange measurement too). Take no fear! Just type “Stores that sell 32DD bras” into google and you should be on your way!

What do you guys think? Is it shady that stores measure you on purpose to fit there stock? Where you surprised to find that your bra is the wrong size?! Let me know down below!

Stay Sunny ❀

Advertisements

29 thoughts on “Victoria’s Secret is Lying to You! |and they’re doing it on purpose|

1. Leah

I’ve always thought their measurements were off. Honestly when they measure above the fullest part of the bust for the band size that was such a dead giveaway for me, too! Great post. Totally agree!

2. Finding Kathy Brown

Funny that the last time I visited the store they sized me much higher than I wear. Consequently I bought several new bras thinking I need to.

3. Molly Turro

I have seriously always been skeptical of Victoria’s Secret sizing! Thanks for sharing your secrets πŸ™‚ Definitely need to measure myself and see what size I really am haha

4. thejessicanicolJessica

I used to wear nothing but VS bras and swimwear. Something about the big pink store just draws you in! I needed some new bras really badly and VS was way too busy for the time I had. I ended up in Dillard’s and will never go back to VS. I couldn’t believe the difference! A well fitting and very flattering bra for under $45, it was crazy to me. I love VS’s other products but I’m embarrassed at how long I was wearing an ill-fitting bra.

1. Mar Post author

I’ve never tried Dillards! I’ll have to stop by! I like VS bras, I just don’t like their sizing. And I have to laugh at their swim suits because They never seem to help my boobs that much. Lol. Thanks for stopping by!

1. Mar Post author

I’ve had good sizing experiences at Nordstrom and Fredericks of Hollywood! If you have a large bust I definitely recommend Fredericks!

5. McKenzie Allyshia

That is really interesting! How strange that they would measure us wrong… you would think that them being such a large and professional business that they wouldn’t. Teaches you to always look into things! I buy almost all of my bras from Victoria’s Secret, but I also try them on to make sure they fit well and are comfortable.

1. Mar Post author

I know! It’s amazing how even large companies are okay with pulling the wool over our eyes! I still love their products, I just wear a different size than they recommend! Thanks for visiting πŸ™‚

6. kage2015

I actually don’t have a victoria secrets bra, I find them to expensive. I know many people who do wear them and will be telling them about their sizing problem.

7. Joanna

This is super intriguing, and I totally agree! VS used to measure me a 36-38 (I am really a 32), and the cups sizes were 4 cups too small! So strange why they do that.

1. Mar Post author

Hey I was the same way! I got sized at a 38B, in reality I wear a 32DD. It’s amazing how skewed everything is! I feel bad for some of the employees that don’t know this info.

8. Onlygirl4boyz

Really interesting post! You have some great points you bring up as well. I don’t shop there a ton but, I do like the quality of their bras but, I will definitely take this into account next time I go! Thanks!

9. hooplah

I got caught up watching the video! I was recently fitted at VS not too long ago, and have bought plenty of bras by their recommended size since then. Now I’ll have to go and double check their work!

1. Mar Post author

This is the video that blew my mind the first time I saw! I started paying way too much attention to other peoples boobs after that! It’s amazing the difference a good bra makes!

10. Lana Lou

This is an awesome post! I have small boobs, and I honestly never feel like bras fit me. Too big of cups, too tight of bra, etc. I’m going to try the method in the video!

1. Mar Post author

It’s amazing how all boobs come with problems no matter the size! I know a lot of petite people have issues finding good bras! I hope it helps you! πŸ™‚

11. Whitney

Great posts, I am well endowed in the upper region and if I did not know my correct size it would be very uncomfortable for me. I think the ladies that work in the store are not very sure of how to measures in some occasions. Great post!!!