The Little Things

Hey guys, gals, and everyone else!

With Valentine’s day around the corner, sometimes it’s easy to get caught up in grand displays of affection. So I thought I’d take  a minute and think about the little things,and how much they mean to me. I interviewed Alexander…interrogated….same thing really, about what little things I do for him that he really enjoys! So if you’re curious about what we do for each other (or you need a little inspiration!) Keep reading below.

heart-700141_960_720

Alexander’s favorite things!

• When I ask him to come to take a nap with me on the weekends. I like to snuggle okay!
  • Alexander loves when I’m silly. Voices and dancing included.
  • When I surprise him with his favorite Sonic drink. It’s Ocean Water btw (Which is sprite and a weird blue coconut flavor thing)
  • When I ask him to cook for me! I don’t really like to cook, and he makes a great barbecue chicken. Luckily he really likes to cook, so he thinks it’s cute when I ask for something specific ❤
  • When I let him use my debit card. Now this one sounds weird I know. BUT sometimes in a relationship one person makes more than the other. When we go out to eat, and I treat, sometimes Alexander feels bad about it. Almost always the waiter brings the check to him, because he’s the guy. So I just hand my card to him before we eat. This kind of keeps both of us from being embarrassed. It’s different, but it works for us!

Mariah’s favorite things!

• I love when I ask Alexander to make me a Nutella sandwhich (or something equally silly) and he gladly does it. Sometimes I just don’t want to leave the bed okay?
  • Speaking of beds…I love getting into a made bed. So I absolutely love coming home from work to find that he made the bed!
  • We have two cats (Omen and Way), and I think it’s adorable when he talks to them in silly voices, or picks them up and carries them like a baby.
  • Forehead kisses…enough said.
  • I love when Alexander races to open the truck door for me! Usually he’s being silly about it, but it’s pretty damn cute!

It’s nice sometimes to examine the little thing your loved one does for you that make you smile. Love is something that is everyday, not once a year! What does your significant other do that’s a little action, but can make your day?

Let me know down below!

Stay Sunny! ❤

Advertisements

37 thoughts on “The Little Things

1. Megan

Really like this post as this is something I’ve been trying to focus more on recently. It’s so important to see the little things in life and not take them for granted. Lovely post!

2. littlemisscant

I get up with my hubby every morning and pack his lunch bag and make his coffee before he goes to work even if I could be sleeping for another hour or so. He does the same for me 🙂
    It’s the little things you know!

3. Ochalina

Your post is really sweet and cute. Love is action and works vice versa (for both). A little thing could make a big different as long as we do it base on love.

4. eyontz

How sweet! I like when my boyfriend remembers small details about events going on in my day. When he asks specific questions i know he’s really paying attention! Haha.

5. Amber

The whole debit card thing is the same way in our family. But sometimes I just give him cash and it makes it easier. As for my favorite things my husband does I have to say probably cooking. I don’t cook so I love it that he cooks

6. Heather

What a sweet post! I agree, it is all about the little things in life! I love when my husband sets the coffee pot the night before so when I wake up super early in the morning it is all ready for me 🙂

7. WholeFoodBellies

Oh this is such nice little idea! We don’t do valentines day, preferring instead to celebrate our relationship on different days, but this sounds like something we should start to do, just to learn to appreciate each other more

8. Amanda

What a refreshing post. As much as I love Valentine’s Day, I get really sick and tired of all of the Pinterest perfect recipes and crafts. Instead I love simply displays of love and affection, like having a date night at home, doing thoughtful things for one another, and of course, just spending time playing and having fun with our sweet boys.

9. Miles Basilio

We should really not forget the little things that we can do to lighten up the day of our partner. I think most of the time, it is the little things that occupy the biggest part in our hearts.

10. Chantal

This is such a cute Valentines inspired post. It is good to know the little things that your partner appreciates. I love all of the cute things you do for each other!

11. Brandi Penguins in Pink

The little things are what make great relationships. I love it when my husband opens the door for me, offers to cook dinner, and his forehead kisses. I mean seriously, what is better than forehead kisses?! Keep focusing on the little things!

12. Tee

This is such a sweet post. Isn’t it awesome to “interview” other significant others? I totally agree with you about loving getting into a bed that’s made. It just makes such a difference.

13. diadarling3

This is adorable and sweet! I hope you have a great valentines day. I love when I make maple bacon in the morning and my house still smells like maple when I get home from work…I spoil me lol

14. Eileen Mendoza Loya

My hubby never forgets to remind me to take my medication. (I am diabetic and I have to take insulin shots everyday). I sometimes he would forget! Haha. It hurts to poke myself with a needle but he makes me understand that it is for my own good and that he wants me to be well always.

15. Melissa

The things we call the little things are the big things aren’t they? I really have examined what matters most in my life lately after some health issues had landed me in the hospital. I really appreciate my husband who was by my side every second though it all and I need to show him more how much he means to me. Thanks for the inspiration.

16. Shirgie Scf

I like how this article is giving me positive reinforcement. This is very healthy especially when you acknowledge and appreciate the little things that your partner is doing for you. Sometimes, we need to sit down and think of things that would make people around us happy.