Planner Peace and Giving away my Erin Condren Life Planner

Why I'm breaking up with Erin Condren Life plannersHey guys, gals, and everyone else!

This may come as quite a shock to my planner friends…but I’m just not feeling my Erin Condren Life Planner (Vertical). In fact, I’m tearing our theΒ  months I’ve used in my 18 month planner and sending it to Melissa of blissandbirds! I love the brand ( I even wrote about my plan for two planners, and a brand review here), but I find that it doesn’t fit my style of planning.

It’s kind of bittersweet to be honest. Erin Condren products have created a cult following, and for good reason! The (mostly) women that use these planners are highly creative and have super cute layouts. I have the vertical right now, and I just don’t like it. *sigh* I planned on using my EC as my blog and fitness planner. The problem? I never took it out with me. I couldn’t write things down last minute, and the “typical” spreads I saw were just not my style of decorating.

Will I still purchase from EC? Definitely! So I guess I’m not breaking up with the entire Erin Condren brand, but rather just the life planner. I think the horizontal planner would be a better fit for me. It has more room to write and different colors. That being said…I love the freedom that a ring binder (Like my filofax) gives me with inserts. Until EC makes it easier to add things without making or buying a coilclip, I’ll probably stick with my binder systems. I do , however, love the stickers that the EC site sells. I also have my eye on the new Polaroid camera they are packaging! I think it’s perfect to create a picture a day challenge!

In the end using a planner is very personal. And unfortunately, you can’t really tell what will work for you until you’ve worked with it for a bit. So why I still highly recommend Erin Condren Life Planners to new planner peeps, it’s just not for me.

If you like, stay tuned for my plan with me’s still! Just know they’ll be with my FiloFax only!

Has anyone had to break up with a planner system before? Let me know down below!

Stay Sunny ❀

Advertisements

19 thoughts on “Planner Peace and Giving away my Erin Condren Life Planner

1. Jennifer Mercurio (@DoubleDutyMommy)

I actually have a verticle EC right now. It’s my first EC that I bought in April and I had no idea what I was doing. For 2016 I’m definitely getting a horizontal because my writing is all over the place and I think I’d have more freedom with that style of planner. I do wish EC had the option to insert things like you’re talking about though

2. Alli Rutherford Smith

I have broken up with many planners. It seems I’ve tried them all and I’ve found that I like a basic calendar with large blocks for each day of the month. I write everything that is due that day and I can see it all in a glance.

3. Heather

I love planners and I tend to use them for a little while, then forget about them. I need to get organized again because I really do love thing. This sounds interesting. Hope you can find a layout you love!

4. Jenn @ EngineerMommy

I’ve heard such good things about the Erin Condren line of planners. I know some women are obsessed with their EC planners. I actually have a basic calendar and keep track of things with that. It’s simple but it works for me!

5. Megan Elford

I just bought a brand new planner, and then cannibalized two others to make it suit the way I plan things out, lol! I usually end up doing that because I can never find one that has everything I want. There’s always something missing πŸ™‚

6. Savannah Miller

I have a small planner in my purse. I only use it for making appointments that way I can always double check at the dentist/hair/doctor and make sure I don’t double book certain days.

7. Rosey

When you hear people talking about great planners, Erin Condren always comes up. I hope you find a planner that fits your style. It doesn’t matter who loves what, it matters what works for you. πŸ™‚

8. Brooke

I’m more of a calendar person. I like the big wall ones. I’m still old school. I do use my lists on my i phone and take notes there as well. Those planner do look appealing, just need the time to look at them more closely. Thanks for your honest update. Much appreciated.

Brooke

9. MrsTee

I have wanted to begin an afair with a planner but I just can’t see myself keeping up with it. I gave myself a test with a normal store bought planner and I think I made it a month…LOL